- Chaplaincy Services Home
- About Us
- Services for Patients
- Chaplains' Resources
- Clinical Pastoral Ed (ACPE)
- Staff Support (CISS)
- Stress Mgt. Training (CISM)
CPE Application Process
How Do I Apply For CPE?
You can print the application, fill it out and send it along with the required supplementary material to the following address:
Carla Joyner, CPE Registrar
Presbyterian Hospital, Department of Chaplaincy Services
P.O. Box 26666
Albuquerque, NM 87125-6666
How Are Applications Processed?
- When we receive applications, we review them to make sure all of the information and materials are complete. You will be informed of any missing material.
- We will send a form letter of reference to the names listed on your application. You do not need to have your references write their own letters.
- Once information has been received, the supervisor will telephone for an initial conversation with you to become more familiar with your background and learning desires. This also provides an opportunity for you to learn more about Presbyterian as a CPE center, and about the supervisor.
- If both supervisor and applicant are still interested, then a more formal on-site interview is scheduled in Albuquerque.
What Can I Expect During The Formal On-site Interview?
Applicants meet with an Admissions Subcommittee comprised of persons from the department and from our Professional Advisory Group. Applicants will also have opportunity to talk with current CPE students to learn firsthand their experience of CPE at Presbyterian. A tour of Presbyterian Hospital is also offered. We also hope applicants will have enough time in Albuquerque to get familiar with the area.
When May I Expect A Decision About My Application?
The supervisor and interview committee will make decisions usually within ten days to three weeks of the interview and inform you of their decision.
Who Pays For Interview Expenses?
Applicants are responsible for their own expenses.
Is Housing Provided?
PHS does not have housing to offer you. There is a wide variety of apartments and rental property available in Albuquerque.
Will I Receive Health Insurance?
Residents are allowed to purchase employee benefits, including health insurance, at employee pricing.
Do I Receive A Salary?
A stipend is provided for Residents. Please call for more information.
If you have questions about our CPE programs or application process, please contact Carla Joyner, at 505-841-1191 or firstname.lastname@example.org