Vision, Mission, Response and Scope of CISS
To respond in a supportive and preventive manner to the stress incurred by individuals involved in a crisis situation.
- To provide prompt support to the staff following their involvement in a crisis event such as Internal Disaster, External Disaster, Sentinel Events, or other crises
- To educate staff members in advance of stressful crisis events, teaching them techniques to manage stress and reduce its after effects
- Debriefings (initiated by leadership for staff; longer, more complete and inclusive intervention)
- Defusings (initiated by leadership for staff; shorter, abbreviated intervention)
- Safe-R-U (initiated by staff; individual, one on one)
- Self-requested (initiated anonymously by staff directly to chaplain)
- Clinician called to testify in court
Presbyterian Hospital and Kaseman Presbyterian Hospital
Who To Call For Help...
...For Critical Incident Stress Support
Chaplain Bill Dorman: