2013 Laughter is the Best Medicine
August 24, 2013
Laughter is the Best Medicine: A Benefit for Presbyterian Programs and Services
The 2012 Laughter is the Best Medicine event was a record breaker! With an unprecedent sponsorship total and more than 1,600 in attendance, we are thrilled to announce that Laughter netted over $265,000!
These much needed dollars will be used to create a Ronald McDonald Family Room at Presbyterian Hospital. This home away from home will provide access to critical resources for families during their child's stay to help maintain a sense of normalcy during a very difficult time.
Guests spent an evening at the oasis and were transported to the Egyptian desert of the sphinxes and pyramids at this year's Laughter is the Best Medicine event on August 25th, at the Albuquerque Convention Center. Laughter featured a gourmet dinner, dazzling silent auction and stand up comedy by funny man John Pinette.
You can support this wonderful project by making a 100% tax-deductible donation to the Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation! Your contribution will help with the design, construction and furnishing of a respite room for pediatric families.
To help, call 505-724-6586 or use our ON-LINE DONATION FORM. When using our on-line form, please designate "Other" and write in "RM Family Room".
Thank you for helping to make a difference in the lives of New Mexico families!
Since 1997, Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation's Laughter is the Best Medicine has benefitted many Presbyterian Programs and Services, including the following:
- 2012 "Jewels of the Nile" theme, John Pinette had the audience doubled over raising funds for Ronald McDonald Family Room® at the Children's Center
- 2011 "Glitz and Sneakers" theme, Tom Papa was the star entertainer benefiting the Women's Center and Critical Needs
- 2010 "FantaSea" theme, Dave Coulier was a very funny fellow and the evening benefited Pathways to Nursing and Critical Needs
- 2009, "Safari Chic" theme, Sinbad kept the audience laughing the entire evening and proceeds benefited the Cancer Center and Critical Needs
- 2008, "Victoriana" theme, Howie Mandel was the star entertainer benefiting Diabetes Community Care and Critical Needs
- 2007, "Paris" Theme: Paul Rodriguez was the star entertainer at a benefit for the Heart Center
- 2006, "Asia" Theme featuring Craig Ferguson, benefitting the Children's Medical Center and Critical Needs
- 2005, "1960s" Theme with Lily Tomlin raised money for Presbyterian's Nursing Education and Critical Needs
- 2004, "South Seas" Theme presented Jay Leno in a benefit for the Presbyterian's Children's Center
- 2003, "Mardi Gras" Theme presented Wayne Brady in a benefit for the Children's Program including Rachel's Courtyard
- 2002, Dana Carvey helped raise over $250,000 for the Children's Program and Rachel's Courtyard
- 2001, Rita Rudner and David Brenner performed in a benefit for the Nursing Program
- 1999, Jay Leno helped raise $225,000 for the Women's Program
- 1997, Joan Rivers inaugurated the first Laughter is the Best Medicine to benefit the Presbyterian Children's Program