Free Flu Shot Clinics
2,900 Free Flu Shots Provided To The Public By Presbyterian Medical Group
News Release: October 17, 2007
ALBUQUERQUE, NM - Presbyterian will provide 2,900 free flu shots for the public at five Presbyterian Medical Group locations this Saturday, October 20th from 8:00 a.m. to noon or until vaccine is gone.
Presbyterian Medical Group Flu Shot Locations
- 401 San Mateo Blvd. SE
- 3436 Isleta Blvd. SW
The Isleta location is offering free flu shots from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 or until gone
In Rio Rancho:
In Los Lunas:
For their safety, children ages 17 and under cannot receive flu shots through this clinic and should get their shots from their regular pediatrician.
Some people are at risk for serious illness from the flu and should get a flu shot every year, including:
- People 65 year of age or older
- Residents of nursing homes and similar facilities
- Adults and children who have chronic heart or lung diseases, diabetes, kidney disease or serve forms of anemia
- Healthcare workers in contact with people in high-risk groups
- Caregivers or people who live with someone in a high-risk group
- The virus used to produce the flu vaccine is grown in eggs. People who are severely allergic to eggs should not get a flu shot.
Presbyterian serves to improve the health of individuals, families and communities. Presbyterian Healthcare Services was founded in New Mexico in 1908, and is the state's only private, not-for-profit healthcare system. Presbyterian offers seven hospitals, a statewide health plan, and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Presbyterian employs more than 9,500 people throughout New Mexico.