Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Number of Servings: 8
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt, nonfat vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (yellow only)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened) blueberries
- For the topping:
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons =oarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Position rack in the center of the oven.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, milk, yogurt, oil and lemon peel.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt onto the liquid ingredients. Using a fork, stir very lightly, just until ingredients are combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter into an8- or 9-inch baking pan coated with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake a 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the baking pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving size: 1/8 recipe
Each serving provides:
- Serving Size 1/8 salad
- Calories: 250
- Calories from fat: 60
|% Daily Value (DV)*|
|Total Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5 g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0 g||0%|
|Cholesterol 25 mg||8%|
|Sodium 420 mg||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 45 g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Source: Produce for Better Health