Broccoli Potato Soup
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Number of Servings: 4
- Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 cup evaporated milk, nonfat
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, instant prepared in water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded cheddar or American
- Wash hands.
- Combine broccoli, onion, and broth in large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add milk to soup. Slowly stir in potatoes.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper; stir in a little more milk or water if soup starts to become too thick.
- Ladle into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle about 1 Tablespoon cheese over each serving.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
Each serving provides:
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 200
- Calories from fat: 50
|% Daily Value (DV)*|
|Total Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0 g||0%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium 350 mg||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25 g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Source: Produce for Better Health