A delicious low fat Mediterranean salad featuring cannellini beans, roasted peppers, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts on a bed of arugula. This Mediterranean salad would make a terrific low fat lunch or a light supper.
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 14-ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted peppers
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange arugula on 4 salad plates. Rinse and drain cannellini beans and divide between the 4 plates. Drain artichoke hearts and cut vertically into quarters. Arrange on the four plates. Cut roasted peppers into strips and add to salads. Finish with the tomatoes.
- For the dressing, combine oil, lemon, water, oregano and pepper in a small screw-top jar. Shake vigorously until combined. Drizzle a little over each plate.
- Calories 223
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g (sat 1 g)
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 812 mg
- Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Fiber 9.2 g
- Protein 10.3 g
Recipe courtesy: State of Michigan