Tuna Melt Burger
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 3 oz. reduced fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup light mayonaise
- 1 Tablespoon instant minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Wash hands and cooking area.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain tuna and break the meat apart with a fork
- Wash and chop the celery and dice the cheese.
- Mix tuna, celery, cheese, light mayonnaise, dried onion, salt, and pepper into a medium mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Spread tuna mixture on six of the pieces of whole wheat bread and place a single slice of bread on top of each (you will make a total of 6 sandwiches).
- Put each sandwich on a square of aluminum foil, then wrap the foil around sandwiches, folding edges securely
- Bake about 20 minutes or until hot in the middle. Cool slightly before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Time: 30 minutes
- Per Recipe: $ 2.41
- Per Serving: $ 0.40
Source: Adapted from Expanded Nutrition Program, Texas Cooperative Extension