- Classes and Seminars
- Eating Right
- Senior Connection
- Preventive Care
- Chronic Illness Information
- Community Health
Presbyterian Employees: Healthplex Membership
We all know the importance of regular physical activity in our lives, and Presbyterian is committed to helping you achieve your health and physical activity goals. The Presbyterian Healthplex offers a full range of fitness and rehabilitation resources.
Call the Healthplex at 823-8399 and sign up today!
Employee Membership at the Healthplex
Benefits of regular exercise include:
Thanks for visiting us!
- Increases energy and boosts enthusiasm
- Releases tension and lowers stress
- Improves muscle strength and decreases bone loss
- Lowers total cholesterol, raises HDLs (good cholesterol), and lowers triglycerides
- Improves self-image and morale
- Improves physical stamina and counteracts chronic fatigue
- Lowers risk of developing/improves control of diabetes mellitus
- Lowers blood pressure and improves control of hypertension
- Improves job performance and productivity
- Reduces healthcare costs, employer costs, absenteeism, injury rates, and turnover!
Presbyterian offers a superb exercise facility and knowledgeable, seasoned exercise staff. If you don't exercise with us, please exercise somewhere regularly! Employee membership at the Healthplex is open to PHS employees, their spouses or domestic partners, or family members living in the same household and includes:
- Personalized exercise prescription and follow up with professional exercise staff
- Instruction and use of cardiovascular exercise equipment
- 24/7 access to the satellite gyms at Presbyterian Hospital, Kaseman, RMC, the PAC building, and coming soon, The Cooper Center
- Numerous fitness classes
- Instruction and use of resistance training equipment
- Basketball/volleyball court
- Indoor and outdoor running/walking tracks
Main Healthplex Hours:
- Monday-Thursday, 5:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Friday, 5:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
The gym equipment at main Healthplex is reserved exclusively for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab participants 12 hours a week:
- M-W-F, 1:00-6:00 p.m.
Additional Services Available
- Exercise consult
- Personal training (at an additional fee)
- Body composition measurements
- And much more!
Cost of Employee Health Program Membership
As part of Presbyterian's commitment to employee wellness, usage of all Healthplex facilities is now free! If you are a current Healthplex member, you don't have to do anything. Your last deduction was in December. If you are not a current Healthplex member, sign up now and get started on those 2013 fitness goals.
Applying for PHS Employee Healthplex Membership
Print and fill out the following forms (.pdf) and bring or fax them to the Healthplex:
6301 Forest Hills Drive NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Phone: (505) 823-8399
Fax: (505) 823-8324
Call the Healthplex to schedule an appointment with one of our Exercise Specialists. Based on your medical history and fitness goals, an exercise prescription tailored to your specific needs will be developed by our expert staff.
Every member, without exception, will be screened by an Exercise Specialist prior to their first exercise session. Presbyterian Healthplex reserves the right to prohibit any person from exercising, and may require a medical release from a person's private physician, and concurrence with our own staff for permission to exercise, in the interest of safety in this facility.
You are welcome to use the facilities upon completion of your exercise prescription and equipment orientation.
Exercise your right to look and feel better. Call 823-8399 for questions and to join today!