Providing the Widest Range of Complex Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgical Procedures in the Region.
The Presbyterian Heart Group's cardiothoracic surgical team provides patients with the highest quality health care in the safest environment possible. Supported by an outstanding team of physician assistants, nurses and staff, highly skilled and specialized cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons perform the full spectrum of cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgical procedures, including:
– State-of-the-art heart surgery including complex aortic reconstruction, complete coronary revascularization, beating heart surgery, surgery for heart failure and arrhythmias.
– Full scope of thoracic surgery including thoracic oncology, video assisted thoracoscopic surgery, and esophageal surgery.
– Vascular surgery services including endovascular surgery, cerebrovascular surgery, peripheral vascular surgery, and minimally invasive procedures for venous disease.
Plus, the Presbyterian Heart Group has the only pediatric heart surgeon in the state and is the only hospital in New Mexico performing congenital open heart procedures.
Superior Care, Close to Home and Close to Family
Presbyterian Heart Group surgeons perform over 700 surgeries per year and offer the widest range of the most complex surgical services in New Mexico – far beyond the standard CABG and valve replacements, and including procedures that are found at only a handful of hospitals throughout the United States:
– Aortic root surgery (with valve preservation)
– Thoracic aortic aneurysms
– Mitral valve repair
– Endovascular surgery
– Abdominal aortic stent grafts
– Valve replacement
– Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
– Arrhythmia surgery
The Presbyterian Heart Group Surgeons
Carl F. Lagerstrom, MD
Peter L. Walinsky, MD