Innovative, Highly Trained, and Hard working
At Presbyterian, our highly trained Security Department works to keep you safe. The security team advises everyone to always stay alert and cautious.
Security at Presbyterian Hospital and Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Security provides interior and exterior patrols, and officers are available to help with minor vehicle problems such as dead batteries. Pick up the red telephones at Presbyterian Hospital and Kaseman Hospital for a direct line, or call 841-1200 for:
- Escort and security service
- Education and enforcement of hospital access and policies
- Incident reports - Investigations
- Vehicle assistance
- Non-medical emergencies (locked out of your car, for example)
- Parking and patrol
Bike Patrol Units - An Innovative, Flexible Program
We're nationally recognized for our innnovative bicycle program. In 1994, the PHS Security Department formed a Bike Patrol Unit to take advantage of some of the benefits of bike patrol, including:
- Greater opportunity to be exposed to the public; more accessible image
- Greater manueverability in small areas compared to a car
- Added element of surprise to counter criminal activity
- High visibility and crime deterrent
Bike patrol officers were required to complete an intensive training including bicycle maintenance, advanced bicycle handling and maneuvering, bike patrolling, and how to arrest a fleeing suspect. Currently, the department has twenty available bicycles.
The Security Department has been a member of the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety since 1974.