- Rio Rancho
- Urgent Care
- Emergency Services
- Primary Care Clinics
- Specialty Clinics
- Behavioral Health
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- General Surgery
- Home Healthcare
- Infusion Center
- Kidney Transplant Center
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pain and Spine
- Palliative Medicine
- Pediatric Specialties
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Subacute And Rehabilitation
- Wound Center
- Medical Group
- Patient Care Connection
Kidney Transplant Center
Patient referrals are accepted by:
- Self referral
- Insurance companies
- Other facilities for transplant services
Presbyterian Transplant Services offer evaluations for Kidney Transplant Recipients and Living Kidney Donors
Evaluations are generally performed on an outpatient basis.
Recipient Options Include:
- Living Donor Kidney Transplant -- Donors can be family, friends, or a spouse. A living donor kidney transplant is the preferable option for most recipients as the outcomes are generally better and the surgery itself can be scheduled at a time that best suits the recipient.
- Deceased Donor Kidney Transplant -- If there are no potential living donors, a recipient candidate can be placed on the list with United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) for a deceased donor kidney. However, due to a shortage of deceased donor organs available for transplant, the recipient may have to wait several years for an organ to become available.
Living Kidney Donor
- Kidney donation can be an important but difficult decision. We offer educational materials and can answer questions to help the donor make a well educated decision.
Presbyterian Hospital is the only transplant program in New Mexico to offer laparoscopic donor nephrectomy for living kidney donors. Having a laparoscopic donor nephrectomy results in less pain and scarring after surgery, a shorter hospital stay, and faster recovery time.
- NM Surgical Associates
- Robert Lowe, MD Surgical Director
- Joseph Lopez, MD
- Richard Lovato, MD
- Julio C. Sokolich, MD
- Renal Medicine Associates
- Kirby D. Gabrys, MD Medical Director
- Laura J. Aguiar, Program Manager
- Chris Oberg, RN BSN Pre-Transplant Coordinator
- Patty Denison, RN Pre-Transplant Coordinator
- Misty D. Lemon, RN CPTC Living Donor Coordinator
- Brenna Trujillo, RN CCTC Post-Transplant Coordinator
- Susan Shaffer, LISW Transplant Social Worker
- Gina Bryant, LMSW Living Donor Transplant Social Worker
- Chaplain Mary Catherine Casey, M.Div. Living Donor Advocate
- Gloria J. Rawlings, Transplant Financial Coordinator
- Orlinda M. Lopez, Transplant Support
- Address: PO Box 26666
Albuquerque, NM 87125-6666
- Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- (505) 841-1434
- (800) 597-7217
- Fax: (505) 222-2149
- For directions to our office, please call (505) 841-1434.
- The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
- New Mexico Donor Services
- Transplant Living
- The National Donor Memorial
- Transplant Recipients International Organization
- US Department of Health & Human Services Organ Procurement & Transplantation Network
- Division of Transplantation
Need A Copy of Your Health Information?
To make a request to get a copy of your health records, print and fill out the Patient Information Release form (.pdf). Bring it in to the clinic or hospital where you received service, and we will take care of your request.