- Women's Center Home
- About the Women's Center
- Medical Staff
- Feel Better at Any Age
- The Lactation Institute
- Women's Health Information
Did you know:
- Breastmilk is the ideal nutrition for infants
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of your baby's life, and then continuing until your baby is a year (or older) with the gradual introduction of solid foods
- Breastmilk contains cells that fight infection and immunities that you have developed to prevent disease
- Breastfeeding has many benefits for mothers too, and can decrease the risk of breast and ovarian cancer, and osteoporosis later in life
- Your body burns about 500 extra calories just producing breastmilk
- Breastfeeding is convenient - you don't need to prepare formula bottles (especially nice at night!) and you have fewer things to carry when travelling
- Babies can breastfeed even if you have a cesarean birth
- Premature babies can learn to breastfeed too!
- Breastfeeding can save you over $1000 in formula purchases if you breastfeed your baby for the first year of life
- Breastmilk is free!
Undecided? … Try it, you might love it! Call us at (505) 841-1773.