ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Presbyterian Hospital* has been recognized by Healthgrades for 21 distinctions in eight areas of care, including cardiac, orthopedic, neurologic, pulmonary, vascular, gastrointestinal, critical care, and prostate surgery. See below for the full list of 2016 recognitions from Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
Earlier this year, Healthgrades named Presbyterian a 2016 Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence. It was also the only hospital in New Mexico named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery, Joint Replacement and Stroke Care in 2016. These distinctions put Presbyterian in the top ten percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide evaluated by Healthgrades for the most common inpatient procedures and conditions.
“We are honored by these latest Healthgrades recognitions,” said Kathy Davis, RN, Senior Vice President and Chief Experience Officer, Presbyterian Healthcare Services. “These awards highlight the many Presbyterian specialists who care for patients with a broad range of conditions, from heart failure and stroke care to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. We are grateful to the many dedicated providers and staff who made these distinctions possible.”
For more information, visit the Healthgrades website
*Combined data from all three Presbyterian Central New Mexico hospitals—Presbyterian Hospital, Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital and Presbyterian Rust Medical Center— were submitted under the umbrella of Presbyterian Hospital.
|AREA OF CARE
|| HEALTHGRADES RECOGNITION 2016
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure, 2 Years in a Row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis, 3 Years in a Row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies, 2 Years in a Row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction in 2016
- Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award, 3 Years in a Row
- Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke in 2016
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke, 5 Years in a Row
- Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke, 3 Years in a Row
- Healthgrades 2016 Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award
- Top 5% in the Nation for Joint Replacement in 2016
- Healthgrades 2016 Joint Replacement Excellence Award
- Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2016
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement in 2016
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement in 2016
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery, 8 Years in a Row
- Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award, 2 Years in a Row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, 3 Years in a Row
- Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2016
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia, 2 Years in a Row
- Five-Star Recipient for Carotid Surgery in 2016
- Five-Star Recipient for Prostate Removal Surgery in 2016
About Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of patients, members and the communities we serve. Presbyterian is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state’s largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.