The Presbyterian Healthcare at Home hospice program provides physical, emotional, and spiritual support to terminally ill patients and their families. Our multidisciplinary hospice care team helps patients maintain their dignity, comfort, and quality of life in the face of terminal illness. The frequency of our visits and level of care that is provided to you are based on the clinical need and a discussion between you and your hospice physician and nurse.
Our hospice program is accredited by The Joint Commission, Medicare and Medicaid certified, and state licensed.
Eligibility for Hospice Care
Hospice care can be provided to you if you or your loved one has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and has a life expectancy of six months and the disease progresses its natural course.
Hospice is focused on comfort, not curative care. We are always available to answer your questions about hospice and curative versus comfort care.
Palliative care offers care and curative interventions for serious illnesses. For more information on this service, visit our palliative medicine page
Your Hospice Care Team
Compassionate care is provided 24/7 by our hospice-trained team.
- Our medical director and hospice physicians are all hospice and palliative care certified and are on call 24/7.
- Hospice-trained nurses focus on providing you or your loved one care and comfort, symptom management, and pain control.
- Chaplains and social workers are available to provide emotional support, teach you coping skills, and can help find and arrange for any other community resources that you or your family may need.
- Rehabilitation therapists may provide support and training for you and your family, if your hospice care team recommends it.
- Home health aides can provide personal care for you and your family.
- Hospice volunteers - are available to provide assistance and other services in your home.
- Bereavement counselors stay in contact with your family for up to 1 year following the death of your loved one. Our bereavement counselors provide bereavement groups, information, and invitations to events that are open to our families and to the community.
Hospice Services in Your Home
The goal of hospice is for you or your loved one to be cared for at home – wherever home is. In fact, the majority of our patients remain at home throughout their hospice experience.
During our hospice home visits, we provide care based on your individualized treatment plan, including:
- Pain management
- Medication adjustments
- Symptom management
- Emotional support and spiritual counseling
Inpatient Hospice Care
When hospice care in your home is no longer an option due to uncontrollable pain or symptom management, a board certified hospice physician may determine that the hospice care center at Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital can provide you or your loved one with more appropriate care in a compassionate environment.
Our center is one of only three dedicated inpatient hospice settings in New Mexico.
Take a video tour
- 24/7 nursing care
- 10 private patient rooms, with space in each room to accommodate extended family and friends
- Space in each room for one family member to stay overnight
- Individual MP3 sound control so you can listen to music or sounds that comfort you most
- Dining room for family meals and visiting
- Two family rooms, with a television and games
- A family-friendly kitchen with cooking appliances
- No limits on visiting hours - children and pets are also welcome to visit
Your loved one is eligible for up to five days of respite care every 30 days to provide a short break for your family as you care for him or her. Respite care is available through our hospice community partners and can be provided at various nursing centers in the Albuquerque and Rio Rancho metro areas.
- Presbyterian Healthcare at Home
- Hospice Care
- 8100 Constitution Pl. NE, Suite 400
- Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Phone: 505-559-1000
- Hours: Care is available 24/7
To reach the palliative and hospice care center at Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital, call 505-559-1133.
For referrals or additional information, call 505-559-1000.
- Plains Regional Medical Center Home Healthcare and Hospice
- 2217 Dillon St.
- Clovis, NM 88101
- Phone: 575-769-7399
- Socorro General Hospital Home Healthcare and Hospice
- 306 N. California
- Socorro, NM 87801
- Phone: 575-835-8343
- Tucumcari Home Health and Hospice Agency
- 301 E. Miel de Luna
- Tucumcari, NM 88401
- Phone: 575-461-7240