For patients who suffer from renal failure, a kidney transplant can be a life changing gift. We are one of two transplant centers in New Mexico to offer laparoscopic nephrectomy surgery to our living donors. Since 1986, we have provided patient care using a multidisciplinary team approach throughout each phase of the kidney transplant process. We proudly serve the residents of New Mexico, Arizona, Texas and Colorado.
We partner with New Mexico Donor Services, a leading organ procurement organization, and are certified by the United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS) and Medicare (CMS).
Recipient Options Include
Living Donor Kidney Transplant
Donors can be family, friends, or a spouse. A living donor kidney transplant is the preferable option for most recipients as the outcomes are generally better and the surgery itself can be scheduled at a time that best suits the recipient. Kidney donation can be an important but difficult decision. We offer educational materials and are happy to answer any questions to help with the decision making process.
Deceased Donor Kidney Transplant
Kidney Transplant Center Providers PMG Surgery
- Kirby D. Gabrys, MD Medical Director
- Brenna Trujillo, RN CCTC Program Manager
- Melissa Roberts, RN MSN Living Donor Coordinator
- Sheri Powell, RN CCTC Pre-Transplant Coordinator
- Lisa Guthrie RN BSN CCTC Pre-Transplant Coordinator
- Amy Heflin, RN Pre-Transplant Coordinator
- Brenda Perea, RN Post-Transplant Coordinator
- Susan Shaffer, LISW Transplant Social Worker
- Laurie Pugsley LISW Living Donor Transplant Social Worker
- Chaplain Mary Catherine Casey, M.Div. Living Donor Advocate
- Darlene Carrasco, Medical Assistant
- Gonzalo Silva-Martinez, Medical Assistant
- Jamie Duran, Transplant Surgery Medical Assistant
- Marc Bush, Transplant Financial Coordinator
- Cheryl Bramley, Transplant Senior Secretary
- Consuelo Perez, Transplant Registrar/Scheduler
- Phil Green, Transplant Decision Support
- Physician Office Building (on the south side of Presbyterian Hospital)
- Eighth floor, Suite 820
- Albuquerque, NM 87106
- Mailing Address:
- P.O. Box 26666
- Albuquerque, NM 87125-6666
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: 505-841-1434 or 800-597-7217
- Fax: 505-222-2149
- For directions to our office, please call 505-841-1434
Downloads & Announcements
To make a request to get a copy of your health records, print and fill out the Patient Information Release form below. Bring it with you to the clinic or hospital where you received service and we will take care of your request.
Patient Information Release