To maintain our ability to provide the best healthcare possible to New Mexicans, the following payment expectations apply for non-emergency services for both insured and uninsured patients seeking care at Presbyterian-owned facilities. In the event of an emergency, Presbyterian will provide the necessary medical treatment regardless of one's ability to pay.
Important: If your insurance is not in the Presbyterian Healthcare Services network, you must obtain prior authorization for all services. Prior authorization is not a guarantee of payment or a guarantee of an in-network benefit. Patients outside of their primary network may be subject to a higher co-pay/deductible. Call your insurance provider directly to confirm coverage.
- For insured patients: Your deductible, co-payment and/or co-insurance, if applicable, are due at the time of service. A deductible is the amount you must pay before your benefit plan starts paying any portion of your medical services. After your deductible is met, you may have to pay a co-payment (a set dollar amount) or co-insurance (a percentage of the cost) for your medical care. Some plans do not require a deductible. Please refer to your benefit plan documents for the amounts that you must pay for different services. If you are scheduled for a non-emergency medical procedure or surgery, we may contact you before your appointment to provide you an estimate of your cost and to collect your co-payment, deductible, and/or co-insurance.
- For uninsured patients: Presbyterian offers a 30% discount on all services. We will provide you an estimate of the cost so you are able to make an informed decision as to whether or not you would like to proceed with the requested service. If you need help paying for your bill, Presbyterian offers financial assistance and counseling to our patients who may have difficulty paying for their care.
- Presbyterian hospitals and clinics (including Presbyterian Medical Group) accept cash, checks, debit and credit cards for payment.
- If you are unable to pay on the day of your appointment, or earlier if requested, we can reschedule your appointment.
- If you are approved for payment arrangements, you must pay according to the agreement terms. If you do not pay according to your agreed upon commitment, your account will be considered delinquent and will be subject to additional collection terms. Please note this may include the inability to schedule future appointments with your physician, as well as referral to an outside collection agency. This action may impact your credit status.
NEED AN ESTIMATE OF YOUR MEDICAL CHARGES?
Presbyterian is committed to transparency in healthcare, including helping to answer your questions about the amount you may be charged for medical services.
If you have questions about how much you may be charged for a medical procedure or other service, please call our office to speak with a representative.
Toll free: 1-855-225-7737
PATIENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Financial assistance and counselors are available to our patients who are uninsured or underinsured, and have difficulty paying for care. Presbyterian offers payment options, including payment plans for those who quality, and financial assistance.
Providers in certain rural clinics may offer a sliding scale discount at the time of service for uninsured or underinsured patients who are eligible. The sliding scale is available upon request.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
To apply for financial assistance, please complete an online application or fill out the printable application below. You may also visit the nearest Presbyterian facility and ask to speak with a Patient Service Representative or you may call us at 505-923-6600 or toll free at 1-800-251-9292.
Financial Assistance Policy
Las normas y los procedimientos de la ayuda financiera
Patient Billing and Collection Policy
La División de Cobros y Recobros de Impagados de los Pacientes
Financial Assistance Application
Financial Assistance Determination
Determinación de ayuda financiera
Plain Language Summary
Resumen en Términos Sencillos
Online Financial Assistance Application
Solicitud de Ayuda Financiera
Upon completion of the application, a Presbyterian representative will review your request based on Presbyterian's Financial Assistance Determination guidelines and policies.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services financial assistance policy utilizes the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG) as a basis for establishing eligibility for free or reduced cost of medically necessary services. Patients who qualify for a discount will be charged the lesser of the discounted rate or the Medicare allowable. No person eligible for financial assistance under the Financial Assistance Policy will be charged more for emergency or other medically necessary care than amounts generally billed to individuals who have insurance covering such care. The process requires completion of an application which requires the disclosure of financial information necessary to determine eligibility.