Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, a health plan and a growing medical group. For more than 100 years, Presbyterian has been committed to a single purpose -- improving the health of the patients, members and communities we serve.
10 Things to Know About Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- We are a non-profit. This means we are focused on the health of our patients, not on profits.
- We are governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of dedicated community leaders.
- We invest in the future. Our latest investment is Presbyterian Rust Medical Center, the State of New Mexico’s first 21st century hospital.
- We show our commitment to our communities through outreach initiatives such as the First Born program. And through our annual Community Health Assessments, we review health issues facing communities across the state and prioritize where we can best improve access to healthcare and health insurance coverage.
- We are one of the largest employers in New Mexico – and one of New Mexico’s top ten “Best Places to Work,” according to (which anonymously surveyed employees; more than 90 companies were nominated for the award).
- We are innovative. myPRES is a secure patient portal where patients and members can view health information and manage their health insurance coverage. For Presbyterian Medical Group patients, MyChart (accessible through myPRES) offers access to their electronic health records—and they can also use MyChart to receive test results, send messages to care teams and more. Presbyterian Health Plan, Inc. members can use myPRES to track claims, pay bills, check copays and more.
- We have six centers of excellence, which provide comprehensive, coordinated care in the areas of Women’s Health, Children’s Health and Cancer, Heart, Surgery and Behavioral Medicine.
- We are part of New Mexico’s history – and committed to its future. Presbyterian and its parent organization were founded more than 100 years ago
- In 2012, Presbyterian Healthcare Services cared for patients in more than 550,000 outpatient visits, as well as over 180,000 emergency department patients. We also delivered more than 7,000 babies, helping our newest New Mexicans get off to a great start.
- We are often recognized and awarded for our efforts in promoting the health of our patients, members, and communities. We recognize that our ability to succeed is because of our outstanding healthcare team, including our Presbyterian Medical Group, a select group of more than 600 providers in nearly 50 medical and surgical specialties.
Presbyterian’s commitment to you, your family and our community, shines through everything we do. Learn more about us:
Mission & Vision
Presbyterian’s purpose is to promote the health of our patients, members, and community. Learn what guides us.
There is a lot going on at Presbyterian. Learn of new providers and new initiatives, and what we’re working on to make New Mexico healthier.
We offer classes and events to educate and support our patients and communities. Find a class (or two!) and take a step toward better health.
We are honored to be recognized for our commitment to a healthy New Mexico. Learn more about recent awards we’ve received.
Contact information can be found throughout the website, but some of the most frequently requested numbers are provided here.