The Presbyterian Infusion Center provides ongoing outpatient infusion treatment for patients with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and immune system problems. Patients may be referred to the Infusion Center for tests, procedures and infusions that previously have required a hospital admission.
If you require intravenous (IV) medication therapy during a hospital stay, you may be able to have your treatments at the Infusion Center, decreasing the number of days you spend in the hospital. The treatment areas include recliners and beds for your comfort. In addition to facilitating treatments, we teach you how to actively participate in your treatment plan. We feature two locations to serve your needs - one in Albuquerque and one in Rio Rancho. A dedicated pharmacy and pharmacy staff round out our team.
Specialties & Services
We specialize in the administration of medications, fluid hydration and blood products, including:
- Intravenous (IV) medications and iron for rheumatoid arthritis, neuropathies, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's Disease, other immune system problems, preventing and treating bone loss (osteoporosis)
- Transfusions of blood and blood products (platelets, plasma, albumin, gamma globulin)
Patient & Visitor Tips
- A quiet environment promotes healing, so please turn cell phones and pagers off or to "silent" mode
- Avoid wearing scents and perfumes as patients receiving treatment may become very sensitive to smells.
- Due to limited space, please make every effort to arrange for childcare during your treatment. Please limit visitors to one at a time.
- Coffee, tea, drinks, ice and water are provided. Please feel free to bring any snacks or meals with you, unless otherwise indicated.
How to Access Treatment at the Infusion Centers
We have two locations, one in Albuquerque and one in Rio Rancho:
1. Schedule an appointment by calling
- 505-563-1309 (Albuquerque) or
- 505-462-8700 (Rio Rancho)
By making an appointment, we can ensure that everything is ready for your treatment.
2. Bring your insurance information and a picture ID with you.
3. Bring a list of all the medications you take. Include the dose, how often you take it, and the ordering physician's name. Or bring your actual prescription bottles with the labels.
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Albuquerque)
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Rio Rancho)
If we have all the required documentation, we can attempt to accommodate walk-in patients. Weekends are reserved for urgent treatments, including daily antibiotics. Please schedule an appointment by Friday.
- Infusion Center at Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque
- 201 Cedar Ave. SE, Suite 4620
- Albuquerque, NM 87106
- email: InfusionCenter@phs.org
- Located in the Physicians Office Building attached to Presbyterian Hospital. Follow the signs to Suite 4620 (southeast corner of the 4th floor)
- Valet parking is available Monday through Friday for a small fee
- A parking garage attached to the Physicians Office Building and includes handicapped parking spaces
- Additional parking is located east of the building in the open parking lot
- Infusion Center at High Resort in Rio Rancho
- 4100 High Resort Blvd. SE, 1st Floor
- Rio Rancho, NM 87124
- (Located at the intersection of Hwy. 528 and High Resort Blvd.)