Presbyterian Cancer Care provides inpatient and outpatient services in New Mexico for women with gynecologic cancers including ovarian, uterine, cervical, and vulvar cancers. Our Presbyterian Medical Group gynecological oncologist performs radical pelvic surgeries and is highly trained in both robotic and laparoscopic surgery, and administers both intravenous and intraperitoneal chemotherapy, both inpatient and outpatient. Our Ted and Margaret Jorgensen Cancer Center has an advanced outpatient infusion suite.
We offer comprehensive, full-range of women's health care services, including:
- Diagnosis and treatment of all stages of gynecologic cancers including ovarian, uterine, vaginal, vulvar and cervical cancer
- Complex/radical gynecologic and pelvic surgeries
- Minimally invasive surgery including both laparoscopic and Da Vinci robotic surgery
- Administration of intravenous and intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Comprehensive and extensive gynecologic consultation and examination
- Laser therapy for pre-invasive lesions of the genital tract
- Colposcopy with biopsies and loop electroexcisional procedures (LEEP) procedures
- Screening for cervical cancer
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) detection and vaccination
- Facilitation for patient enrollment in clinical trials
Patient cases are reviewed at weekly, multidisciplinary tumor board meetings which are attended by gynecological oncologist, surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, Presbyterian MD Anderson radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, and multiple support staff. We pride ourselves in having a very strong team of support staff including, but not limited to, social workers, psychiatrists, nutritionists, palliative care specialists, physical and occupational therapists, and financial advocates.
Clinical services are supported by advanced medical technologies, such as the Da Vinci surgical robot, top-of-the-line linear accelerators for delivering radiation, and advanced imaging modalities including PET scans, CT, and MRI.
The Presbyterian cancer program holds the prestigious Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer.